In the second episode of the Future of Bitcoin Mining podcast, Phil speaks to Steve Lee — an experienced Silicon Valley product leader, Angel Investor, and Lead of the Spiral effort at Block.
- How decentralized the Bitcoin mining market is today.
- The top Bitcoin mining trends Steve is paying attention to.
- What Stratum V2 is and why Steve is excited about the value it will bring to the Bitcoin mining ecosystem.
- Why the communication between pools and miners needs improved security.
- What the Bitcoin Clean Energy Initiative is, why Block formed the group, and what their mission is.
- How Bitcoin mining can become a catalyst for renewable energy — not just for Bitcoin but for the entire grid.
- Why there’s so much confusion about the environmental impact of Bitcoin mining.
- Why more ASIC manufacturers coming into the market will be good for the ecosystem as a whole.
- How Bitcoin mining will evolve and what’s in store for the future.
- Why Steve is long-time bullish on mining Bitcoin at home.